Conditions Required to Adopt a Park
The following are the conditions required for all individuals and groups participating in the City of Newark Adopt-A-Park/Stream program:
- Litter pickup will be done at least once per month.
- Eligible park/horticulture areas will be selected by an appointed representative of the City of Newark Conservation Advisory Commission (CAC) in conjunction with the Parks & Recreation Department.
- Any local community organization, such as civic, social, or school groups, is eligible to participate. Group members less than 18 years of age must be supervised by adults 18 years or older. There will be one adult per eight (8) underage members. All participants must have approved applications on file with the CAC appointed representative.
- Participants will be required to adopt for a one-year period of time.
- The CAC will supply participants with safety information (attached) and plastic trash bags. Delivery of bags to participants will be coordinated with the appointed representative of the CAC.
- Participants will only dispose of litter in designated trash dumpsters or cans in the park. If an area is selected that has no litter containers, the CAC will consult with the Parks Department to arrange a litter bag pickup.
- Cleanups during bad weather or when visibility is reduced (e.g., night) or restricted is prohibited.
- Individuals and groups are responsible for notifying the CAC of any changes in the status of their application. It is essential that individuals/groups notify the CAC appointed representative of any changes in contact information.
- Individuals and groups are required to notify the CAC appointed representative by phone following the completion of each cleanup.
- The City of Newark and the CAC reserve the right to revise these conditions as needed and reserve the right to deny applications from unqualified individuals and organizations.