About Criminal Offenses
A criminal offense is any offense other than a traffic violation.
- You are currently charged in Alderman's Court with a criminal offense.
- You satisfy the conditions for Probation Before Judgment.
About Criminal Offense Probation
- If you elect Probation Before Judgment, you will be assessed a fine and be placed on a period of probation that is typically for twelve months from the date you are admitted to Probation Before Judgment.
- The court will hold the charge open for the length of the probationary period.
- If you successfully complete the period of probation, the court will dismiss the charge at the end of the probationary period.
- Consequently, you will not have a criminal conviction on your record for this offense. Successfully completing Probation Before Judgment also entitles you to apply to the Superior Court of Delaware to have you record expunged so that any reference to this criminal offense may be deleted from your record.