"UDon't Need It?" Student Move Out Program
Location: University of Delaware’s STAR Campus 540 S. College Avenue
2020 Dates and Hours of Operations
|Tues., May 12 – Fri., May 15||Open 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.|
|Sat., May 16 – Sun., May 17||Closed for weekend|
|Mon., May 18 – Fri., May 22||Open 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.|
|Sat., May 23 – Mon., May 25||Closed for weekend and Memorial Day|
|Tues., May 26 – Fri., May 29||Open 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.|
|Sat., May 30 – Sun., May 31||Open 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.|
|Mon., June 1 – Fri., June 5||Open 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.|
|Sat., June 6 – Sun., June 7||Closed for weekend|
|Mon., June 8 – Thurs., June 11||Open 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.|
Due to COVID-19, please note the following UDNI Rules:
- No donations will be accepted this year.
- Landlords and students must show ID and load their items into the dumpsters. City staff will not be available to assist.
- Bulk items left at the curb or elsewhere, as well as excessive trash, will result in strict penalties. This may impact security deposits.
- To keep participants safe, social distancing will be enforced and wait times may be necessary.
- Construction debris will not be accepted.
- Additional questions may be directed to the Public Works and Water Resources Department at (302) 366-7000.
Additional Reminders as Tenants Prepare to Leave Town:
- Trash and recycling cannot be placed at the curb prior to 6 p.m. the evening before your scheduled pick up.
- Bulk items left at the curb or elsewhere, as well as excessive trash, will result at fees being charged and invoiced to landlords. This may impact security deposits. More reason to participate in the program!
- If tenants need to close, transfer, or open electric accounts with the City of Newark, they can avoid lines or a wait on the telephone by doing so online.
Additional questions may be directed to the Public Works and Water Resources Department at (302) 366-7000; bulk collection of items may be available.