The Parking Division is responsible for the management, maintenance, and enforcement of municipal off-street parking facilities and municipal on-street parking spaces, as well as coordinating services for the downtown area. The City’s Parking Ambassadors focus on improving customer service and promoting Newark as a friendly and inviting place to visit and live.
The City of Newark Parking Division is responsible for all municipal parking within the City limits:
- On-street parking meters
- Off-street hourly parking lots
- Long-term parking lots
- Residential parking permitting and enforcement
- Maintenance of on-street meters and off-street lots
Passport Parking App
Pay for parking without an app here.
Long-Term Parking Lots
|Municipal Lot 2 (All Day) ||$150 per month (minimum 6 months)|
|Municipal Lot 2 (Night/Weekend) ||$100 per month (minimum 6 months)|
|Municipal Lot 5 (Reserved) ||$150 per month (minimum 6 months)|
|Municipal Lot 6 (Hybrid) ||$200 per month (minimum 6 months)|
|Municipal Lot 7 (Hybrid)||$200 per month (minimum 6 months)|
Charge-free Downtown Parking Days
Downtown parking is provided at no charge on the following days:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Good Friday/Easter Sunday
- Memorial Day Parade
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Newark Community Day
- Halloween Parade
- Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Small Business Saturday
- Christmas Holiday
University of Delaware Parking
- Hourly parking is available at the University of Delaware Trabant Parking Garage.
- Visit the University of Delaware Parking Services Webpage for more information.