City of Newark - Unicity Bus
About UNICITY Bus Services
The UNICITY Bus system is a service of the City of Newark and UD Transit of the University of Delaware, with funding assistance from the State of Delaware.
UNICITY Update (May 6th, 2022)
The Unicity Bus map and schedule were updated on May 6th, 2022. On October 4th, 2021 the Unicity bus route was slightly revised to accommodate Bloom employees commuting to/from the Train Station and eliminating stops where there hasn't been any passengers for some time. The revised circular route is now an hour and five minutes with the first bus starting at Fairfield Shopping Center and departing 7:35 A.M. and the last bus departing from Fairfield Shopping Center at 6:15 P.M.
Current COVID-19 protocols, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, will be strictly observed. Anyone who is sick or has recently been in close contact with someone with COVID-19 should not be using Unicity buses.
Mobility Assistance When Boarding the Bus
- All Unicity buses are equipped with a wheelchair lift to assist passengers who rely on a wheelchair or walker for mobility. Simply notify the driver that you wish to use the lift.
- Unicity passengers with a walker are invited to use the wheelchair lift but must be seated in their walker while the lift is in use.
For further information regarding available assistance, please call (302) 831-1187.
- 302-831-1187 (UD Transit)
- 302-366-7000 (City of Newark)
- Current Route as of May 6th, 2022
- The bus will pick up and discharge passengers at any location between route stops except on Main Street and on Delaware Avenue, where passengers will be picked up and discharged only at UNICITY signs. Flag the bus and be in clear view to indicate you want to board.
- Parents will make sure children follow all safety regulations. Children under the age of 12 cannot ride UNICITY buses without a parent or guardian.
- Passengers will please use the seat belts provided for their safety.
- Passengers are limited to three carry-on bags and/or packages. Please bring only as much as you can carry without help. Drivers cannot help passengers with their carry-ons.
- Please be courteous and respectful to other passengers.
- The City of Newark reserves the right to refuse service to any person under the influence of drugs or alcohol or who engages in disruptive conduct.
- Unicity buses are equipped with bicycle racks which are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
Buses operate Monday through Friday except for the following days.
Note: These are observed holidays, or when UD or City offices are closed:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Memorial Day
- Juneteenth (observed Monday, June 20th, 2022)
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Friday following Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
The Unicity Bus implemented a new route to better accommodate Bloom Energy employees on October 4th, 2021. Inclement weather may cancel or alter Unicity routes, please plan accordingly. When service disruptions do occur, the information will be posted via the UD (www.udel.edu) and City of Newark websites as early as possible.
For more Public Transportation options available in the City of Newark, please visit DART First State’s website.