Stay connected with InformMe Citizen Notification System
Rather than monitoring the television or internet for updates to City of Newark operations and alerts, you can now relax knowing the City will contact you!
- Sign up for InformMe Citizen Notification System to receive City of Newark alerts via telephone, text message and/or email.
- For individuals who need assistance can register by calling the City of Newark at (302) 366-7000.
Please share this information with your friends and neighbors in Newark, especially those without an internet connection or smartphone access, and encourage them to sign up too!
The Public Works and Water Resources Department (PWWR, for short) provides many of the daily services counted on by residents and visitors of the City of Newark through the following divisions:
- Water Division – Drinking water treatment and distribution
- Sewer Division – Wastewater collection and conveyance
- Stormwater Division – Stormwater and drainage
- Refuse Division – Curbside Trash, Recycling, and Yard Waste Collection
- Engineering Division – Development plan review, inspections, and engineering support for City projects
- Street Division – Repair and maintenance of City streets including snow and ice control
- Fleet Maintenance Division – Maintenance of citywide vehicle fleet
In addition to field operations, PWWR staff is responsible for capital planning and contract administration for Newark’s water, sewer, storm, and transportation infrastructure. PWWR also serves as a point of contact between the city and local developers, contractors, state agencies, and construction firms.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), click here.
CivicConnect, A Great Resource for City of Newark Residents
The CivicConnect application helps residents obtain information about curbside and drop-off services provided by the City of Newark, as well as services provided by other public agencies.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Transition Plan for Sidewalk, Curbs, and Ramps
The City of Newark is committed to making all sidewalk and curb ramp areas accessible to all pedestrians including those with disabilities. Any correspondence such as complaints, comments, and recommendations should be submitted to the City of Newark ADA Coordinator in writing at the address or email below.
If you use assistive technology (such as a Braille reader, or a screen reader) and the format of any material on this website interferes with your ability to access information, please contact us. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of your accessibility problem, the preferred format in which to receive the material, the web address of the requested material, and your contact information.