- City Secretary
About the OfficeThe City Secretary is custodian of the official seal and of all records for the city, including:
- The Charter
- The Code of Ordinances
- Minutes of Council Meetings
The City Secretary’s Office also provides the necessary advertising and citizen notification for all matters related to these activities.
The Office’s Community RoleThe city secretary’s role with the community and other departments of the city is also intertwined with the duties listed above. All rely on the office for information such as reports, brochures, student papers and projects, directions, easements and rights-of-way, history of developments, research of laws, council minutes, actions and policies, voter information and election coordination as well as the fulfillment of FOIA requests.
The city secretary’s office strives to provide accurate and up-to-date information to council, city departments, and the citizenry at large to enable them to participate responsibly in city government and community life.
- Can the City of Newark Mayor perform marriages?
- How do I register to vote for City elections?
- How do I report a cable television service problem?
- How can I get copies of Council meeting minutes?
- How can I contact my Council member?
- How do I find out who is my Council representative?
- How do I request a Proclamation issued by the Mayor?