- Planning and Development
- City Lot Permit Parking
City Lot Permit Parking
if you are a business owner/manager and are interested in recently available employee parking, please see the Business Parking Permit Interest Form.
Lot Permit Parking Online Application
The City of Newark Lot Permit Application is available online.
Lot Permit Parking Rules & Regulations
- Permits are now digital. You will not need to adhere a permit to your vehicle.
- If there is any change to the vehicle, the Parking Division will be notified prior to vehicle change.
- Permits are not transferable to any other person and a fee may be charged for a change in vehicle.
- If an incident occurs in the parking lot, call the Parking Division immediately to report any issues. If the incident occurs during the weekday after 6 p.m. or on the weekend, call the Newark Police Department (302) 366-7111 to have the police handle the situation.
- Lot permits expire every 6 months. It is the sole obligation of the permit holder to renew the permit before expiration, which can be done ten (10) business days prior to the expiration date with no guarantee to obtain the permit again.
- There will be no reimbursements for cancellations. All permit sales are final for the duration of the agreement.
- We are not responsible for loss or damage due to fire, theft, breakage, or collision.
- Permits do not guarantee a space; they only provide a cheaper rate (Exception Lot 5 -- vehicle must be parked in the space you were assigned).
- Permit holders are to park in any available legal parking spaces. (Exception Lot 5 -- vehicle must be parked in the space you were assigned).
- Any questions or concerns, call the Parking Division office (302) 366-7000.
Map of City of Newark Lots
City of Newark Delaware Parking Lots
Lot Permit Pricing
- Lot 2 (All Day) permit price for a 6-month permit either January-June or July-December is $900 per permit.
- Lot 2 (Night/Weekend) permit price for a 6-month permit January-June or July-December is $600 per permit.
- Lot 5 permit price for a 6-month permit either January-June or July-December is $900 per permit.
- Lot 6 permit price for a 6-month permit either January-June or July-December is $1,200 per permit.
- Lot 7 permit price for a 6-month permit either January-June or June-December is $1,200 per permit.
Any questions or concerns, please reach out to the Parking Division at email@example.com or 302-366-7000. Our hours of operation at Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. through 6:00 p.m.
- Which lots have permits currently available?
Lot 2, 5, 6 and 7.
- Are sticker permits required when I am issued a lot permit?
No. These are virtual permits enforced by license plate recognition or in Lot 5 by parking in the correct numbered spot you are assigned.
- How long are lot permits valid?
Once payment is received, lot permits are valid January-June 30, or July 1-December 31 each year.
- What if I’m driving an alternate vehicle than what I registered for the lot permit?
Contact Parking Division at 302-366-7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org to provide plate information of the alternate vehicle.
- Can I pay for my permit invoice online?
Yes. Your invoice can be paid at Bill Search (munisselfservice.com).